Deeper look at Cloud computing concepts :
The term ‘Cloud Computing’ is commonly used these days, but the actual meaning of this term implies that a website is hosted on the clustered servers on which the online operations are not made to contemplate to a single server. The most popular examples for cloud computing concept are Apple’s MobileMe and Google Docs. The elements like load balance, security and hardware resources are carried out in a virtual environment. The website has access to process a cluster of servers at one time, which are distributed in real time applications. Cloud computing makes the applications and processes for getting handled and delivered though Internet. The data created and used for the processes and applications are stored in online repositories, which enables the access of data from anywhere in Internet. Cloud computing works with similar or related plans, but in actual, they are different. There is a distribution of web application in bunch of servers. The web applications and data are hosted according to clusters and there should not be any affect on applications due to the issues like downtime, failure or crash.
Cloud computing is making its way to both large and small businesses. Cloud computing is a way of computing, in which virtualized and scalable resources are provided as a service over Internet. There are several advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing.
- Data access can be made anytime and anywhere, according to the convenience of user or owner.
- The physical storage center is not required in any case. There is no need to carry hard drives and disks and the data is present in online repositories.
- Pay structure have is very straight forward and it calls for the payment only when used.
- The burden of IT professional is lessened and there is reduction of time for usage. The office time will be reduced and there will be less hassle for the work.
- The scalability of companies can make addition or subtraction of the storage space, based on the particular needs of the company.
- Lack of security issues.
- The confidentiality and security issues depend on third party authentication for data and information.
- The control and management for data and information is lost.
- The cloud host is still losing reliability because in case of failure of host, the information has no guarantee for sustainability.
The translation for unlimited bandwidth, storage and processing power has made a resultant for hosting system for huge amount of capacity. Cloud hosting may be misunderstood with the concept of shared hosting, but there are many differences for cloud hosting concept. Shared hosting has a concept of handling the web application and data on one server, which is shared amongst various websites. There is a danger of losing security risk among people also, the bandwidth is also shared. The websites and applications are loaded and shared across the whole infrastructure in cloud computing.
The service provider gives an idea about the websites requiring processing and bandwidth by making real time detection about their received amount of traffic. This provides much space capacity in the system. The resources are instantaneously added when there is a need of bandwidth and power by the website. The virtual machines running in cloud can be accessed easily from a web browser and can be visualized with your own ease. The most important characteristic of cloud computing is that the applications and stored data are held on Internet and not on any particular system or computer. The basic fundamental is that the virtual cloud of computers acts as one whole unit. The application and data can be accessed from anywhere, provided you have an internet connection.